2014 Popcorn Cup Video Contest
Click here to enter!
(entries accepted beginning July 15, 2014)
The Greater Chicagoland and NW Indiana Scout Popcorn Sale is holding a video contest! Registered Scouts from the Calumet, Chicago Area, Des Plaines Valley, and Northwest Suburban Councils should submit a video showcasing their best popcorn sales pitch!
What you can win!
One Scout from each council will win the opportunity to sell popcorn to the Blackhawk’s Coach Q in September! The winners will be selected by members of the councils’ popcorn committees.
- July 15: Video submissions begin being accepted.
- September 1 (11:59:59 PM): Deadline for submissions.
- September 12: Winners announced.
- Week of September 22 (TBA): Winning Scouts sell popcorn to Coach Q around lunchtime on a weekday.
Rules and Guidelines
- One Scout from each council (Calumet, Chicago Area, Des Plaines Valley, and Northwest Suburban) will win the opportunity to sell popcorn to Coach Q.
- Scouts submitting videos must be registered in one of the four councils in order to be considered.
- The Scout’s unit must be signed up for the 2014 popcorn sale and place a Show & Sell order in order for the Scout to be considered.
- Any video submitted may be used on the council’s website, www.scoutpopcornsale.com, or council sponsored social media.
- For complete contest rules, please click here.
- The video should be no longer than 60 seconds.
- It is preferred that the Scout should wear his/her uniform in the video.
- No un-Scout-like language or content.
- Sales pitch should be less about the popcorn and more about what the popcorn sale supports: Scouting!
How to Enter
We will begin accepting video submissions starting July 15, 2014.
- The Scout and his/her parents/guardian must create a Vimeo account if they do not already have one (www.vimeo.com)
- When the Scout’s video is complete, it should be uploaded to Vimeo (with parental supervision).
- Tag “scoutpopcornsale”.
- This may be done in advance of July 15.
- In order to protect our Scouts, we strongly encourage the video to be password protected.
- If you choose to password protect the video, the password must be set to “CoachQ” in order for the video to be viewed and considered.
- Once the video is uploaded, the Scout and his/her parent/guardian must visit www.scoutpopcornsale.com/enter and fill out the form to be entered in the contest. The form will ask for the Scout & parent’s information, unit & council information, and the link to the Scout’s video.
Email the popcorn team at email@example.com for more information.